Mr. Berke is an experienced litigator with substantial professional liability defense and insurance coverage experience. In his practice, Mr. Berke emphasizes early resolution by way of motion practice and/or settlement, and his successes include:
Professional Liability Defense
- Obtained summary judgment for multinational law firm based upon mediation privilege;
- Demurrer sustained with prejudice to trade secret claims against multinational law firm;
- Several successful demurrers and summary judgment motions based upon statute of limitations; and
- Demurrer sustained with prejudice on behalf of firm based on issue preclusion.
- Demurrer sustained with prejudice as to non-existence of coverage for class action lawsuit based upon habitability claims due to failure to comply with warranty, and successful defense on appeal;
- Prevailed in Ninth Circuit on lack of coverage for purported invasion of privacy claims;
Numerous other successful summary judgment motions based upon issues ranging from intentional acts to the failure to state a covered claim to voluntary payments, and more.