Brian has successfully defended manufacturers and distributors of a wide range of products, from all-terrain vehicles and industrial machinery to heavy equipment and consumer goods. His prowess extends beyond products liability; he also excels in defending property owners, developers, and contractors in personal injury cases and construction litigation involving defects and delay claims.
Litigating in both State and Federal Courts in New York and New Jersey, Brian collaborates closely with his clients to craft tailored resolution strategies that efficiently and cost-effectively meet their unique needs.
Brian's impressive 30-year track record has garnered recognition from his peers: He has been consistently named a Super Lawyer in the New York Metro area from 2009 to 2023, underscoring his standing as a top-tier legal practitioner.
He is also a dedicated educator, sharing his extensive knowledge with students in continuing legal education courses on such topics as "Construction Site Accidents Under Labor Law" and "Contractual Indemnification and Insurance Procurement." His commitment to the growth and development of the legal profession is further demonstrated by his service as a New York County Lawyers Panelist in 2013, 2014, and 2016.
When not commanding in the courtroom or enlightening aspiring legal minds, Brian enjoys indulging in his passions for bicycling and traveling, as well as cherishing quality moments with his family.
- Higgins v. TST 375 Hudson LLC, 179 A.D.3d 508 (1st Dep’t 2020). Secured contractual indemnification from subcontractor. Case settled for $7.6 million without a contribution from the client.
- Reda v. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, 188 A.D.3d 1278 (2d Dep’t 2020). Secured order to depose plaintiff’s treating physicians.
- Demetro v. Dormitory Authority of the State of New York. (2018) Secured defense verdict and dismissal of all claims against manufacturer of breaching system for boiler system for large hospital. Plaintiff was awarded $5.95 million against other defendants.
- Super Lawyers New York Metro: 2009-2023
- 2013-2014; 2016 New York County Lawyers Panelist